Chickpeas-Potato Corn Chowder
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound chickpeas, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about five medium), peeled and cubed
- One can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- One can (12 ounces) rice milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook chickpeas over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of potato water.
- Add corn, rice milk, salt, pepper, and reserved potato water to saucepan; heat through. Stir in chickpeas